Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Chris Goldbaugh Interview





This doesn't even need an intro...gotta love this kid.



Chris Goldbaugh




I tried to do a little bit of research on you, but I’d like to give you the opportunity to tell us about yourself first…

Well I'm Chris "Shenanigans" Goldbaugh and I love mma and jiu jitsu.  So much so that I put my body and mind through the ringer to be able to compete in them.  Jiu jitsu and mma will never cheat on you or stab you in the back, training may be a bitch but it's not a whore so I'll continue to compete until they won't let me anymore.  That's about it.


If fighting is not your source of income, what do you do for a day job?

I am a DJ in a strip club.  Dream job for a guy right?  I recently became a single dad so I'm still working on finding a normal day job that lines up right with the days I have my daughter.


How do you schedule your training around that?

I have great teammates at the Bullpen Fight Club that help me out with extra practices when I have to work.


You have an overall record of 8-3, and your pro record stands at 0-1.
What happened in your first pro-fight against Pat Dwyer at Cage of Chaos 12?

Pat Dwyer went beast mode on my ass.  I watched film of all of his fights and I knew exactly what he was going to do but he did those things far better than I thought he could.  He bullied me around the cage and wore me down on his way to a boring split decision.  I'm sorry for anyone who paid money to see that fight, it was awful.






That was in April of 2010, why have you taken so much time off?

Well three fight cards were cancelled, twice the promoter couldn't find an opponent for me, one guy pulled out the week of the fight (I know you were faking Glenn Hoffman) and one promoter pulled me out of a fight to replace me with Brandon Sailing because he thought he would sell more tickets.  Also at the end of 2010 I became a dad so I needed to take time off then adjust to a more responsible life which in turn left me eating a lot of Wendy's and not going to the gym enough and I became a big fat fatty for a little while.


Do you feel that this much time off will be an advantage or disadvantage to you, why?

Major disadvantage.  I've been training the whole time but now my career is two years behind where it should be.  I get older every year just like everyone else.  On the other hand no one has been able to witness or document my progress as a fighter so I might have a few tricks up my sleeve now.




I heard somewhere that WV fighters just drink beer and punch each other, how true is that?

Well since WV leads the US in alcoholism and is of the poorest and most uneducated states it might be a good guess that is what you would get from WV fighters.  But I go to a gym in Wheeling, WV where the guys train hard and work there ass off every day and also lead clean lives.  People all over the state work there asses off, there are serious Jiu Jitsu schools in Morgantown, Huntington, Charleston, Bridgeport and Beckley that all have serious competitors.  I've seen plenty of toughman haymaker throwing chumps come from other states too.  Are we great at beer pong in West Virginia?  Yes, but that doesn't mean were a bunch of drunken brawlers.





I couldn’t find your opponent for NAAFS Caged Fury 16, do you know who it is?

It is either Dequan Townsend or Muhammed Abdullah.  They are trying to get Townsend licensed and if that doesn't happen Abdullah is the back up fight. 


If so, what do you know about him?

They both are kick boxers so my game plan doesn't change much no matter which one I fight.



Have you changed your training in any way for this opponent?

Yeah, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday I don't have my daughter so I train three times a day.  Thursday through Sunday I train a little less but I still have awesome friends, family, and training partners who help me with babysitting so I can still be a dad and a fighter. 


What are your predictions for this fight?

I always predict a first round submission.  I'm a jiu jitsu guy first so I always aim for the sub but just cause a guy has a nasty guard doesn't mean he can't throw some hands.  I've worked a lot on my striking over the past few years.  Just ask that backstabbing friend about it.




What will be the difference for you fighting in your home state compared to Ohio, or any other states?

Funny some of my fights in Ohio were actually closer to home than this one in Morgantown.  I guess the big difference is going to the be a college sporting event atmosphere which has got me pumped.  I can't wait to win this fight, burn a couch, and get a fat bitch sandwhich from Are You Hungry.



Do you have any MMA goals other than wearing the Foundation Fight Co.’s pink vale tudo’s into the cage?

Haha, I never want to wear those things, I hope he never asks me to squeeze into a pair of them although I'm sure I could pull it off.








Is there anyone you’d like to thank, other than me?

Nope, just you, you make it happen!  Just kidding I have so many people that make me who I am.  My coaches, training partners, friends, family, and my sponsor Foundation Fight Co.  Also I want to thank my daughter for being an awesome little baby.  She keeps me going when things get tough.










No comments:

Post a Comment