Thursday, December 8, 2011

Jessica Eve Richer Interview


In her last fight, Jessica Eve Richer wanted to show she was more than just Jiu-Jitsu, and she accomplished that in her fight with Allanna Jones. Now Jessica will be fighting Lalani Malley at Eve of Destruction. A win over top ranked Malley would make a big statement. In this battle between two talented, well-rounded fighters, you are sure to see some real skill displayed.

Q: In your last fight with Allanna Jones, you said you wanted to show you had stand-up, do you feel you accomplished that?
A: Yes! We spent quite a bit of time on our feet in that fight.

Q: That fight went three rounds, while everyone wants to finish, with it being your second fight, was going three hard rounds like that good for you as a fighter?
A: I think it was a good experience for me and I am glad that I have been the distance. It gives me the confidence to know that its not a problem for me. I trained pretty hard with the cardio and conditioning so it was nice to ave it tested in battle. While I would have liked to finish the fight, I am glad I know I have no problem going the distance.

Q: You are fighting at Eve of Destruction, how does it feel to main event an all female show?
A: I'm excited! I am excited to fight on an all female card, I'm excited to see what the other talent is and meet some of the other female fighters in the NAAFS. It's an honor to be the main event on such card, so I'm excited.

Q: Are cards like this a sign of a step forward for Women's MMA?
A: I hope it is. I think its a sign that there are promotions willing to showcase the women. That's what its going to take to continue to grow depth in the division. Whether its a step forward is going to b a matter of who the talent is and whether the women put in the effort.

Q: With it being an all female card, is there pressure to be the one who steals the show and makes an impression?
A: I would say whether it's an all female card or not I want to be in the fight that steals the show.

Q: NAAFS is a well known company, what would a title with them mean to you?
A: An amateur title would mean I go pro my next fight. This would be a gateway to the next step.

Q: In our last interview you mentioned you didn't like how some organizations bring in girls with no fights and give them title shots. Does a title with NAAFS mean more than one with those organizations?
A: I think it means everything in the world. I makes all the world of difference. That's why I keep dragging my butt out to Ohio to fight instead of staying here in Atlantic City.

Q: You are fighting Lalani Malley, what do you know about her?
A: I know she is a tough fighter, well-rounded. She has gone 5-0 and never been the difference, so finished all her opponents. She is big, strong, tough and well conditioned so I expect it to be a good fight.

Q: If it stays standing the whole time, is it safe to say you feel you can hang with her there?
A: I am one hundred percent I can hang with her anywhere the fight goes.

Q: In her interview she said if it goes to the ground she can not only hang with you, but submit you. Do you have a reaction to that?
A: I expected her to say that. She is a Blue Belt in Jiu-Jitsu, she is not untrained on the ground. Anyone who fights knows that in MMA, Jiu-Jitsu isn't Jiu-Jitsu, its MMA. So the game is different.

Q: What is the key for you in this fight?
A: The key is going to be strategy and game planning. I don't think there is one area where I have a significant advantage over her or her over me. I think we are well matched and it will come down to game planning.

Q: She is currently ranked number one for female in NAAFS. What would a win over her say about you?
A: It's going to be a true test of where I stand I think. It's an opportunity to jump up the chart a little bit.

Q: With her being ranked number one, any chance of her over looking you?
A: I hope so haha. No, I don't think she is a cocky fighter, she has done her homework. There is plenty of footage one me, and she has done her home work like I have done mine.

Q: Any prediction on how it ends?
A: With my hand raised.

Q: Assuming you win, you mentioned going pro, is that for sure the plan?
A: It would depend on what organization was making an offer. I wouldn't take a pro fight just to take a pro fight, but for the right offer, I would take a pro fight.

Q: NAAFS does pro fights, are they one you would want a pro fight with?
A: It would definitely be something to consider. It would have to do with the contract offer.

Q: Anyone you want to thank or mention?
A: My trainers, Joe from Gracie Barra, BC Kickboxing, my sponsors Versa Climber, Furi Jiu Jitsu Sports and North Country Athletic Club Wrestling Camp.

No comments:

Post a Comment