Thursday, August 11, 2011

Aisling Daly Eve of Destruction 2 Interview





Q: Aisling, Thanks for taking time to do another interview with me.
A: That's no problem thanks for taking an interest in me.

Q: For those who missed the first one, can you tell a little about yourself.
A: I'm 23 years old from Dublin, Ireland, still living & training there out of Straight Blast Gym Ireland. I'm a BJJ purple belt with a Pro MMA record of 11-2.

Q: Last time in the NAAFS you wont the title in a win over Jessica Eye. What did winning that title mean to you?
A: Winning a title like that was such a big deal to me.It was my first title win which many felt was overdue. To win in the circumstances I did made it even more important to me. To face the home town girl in front of a hostile crowd and come out on top was a great achievement for me. I felt like I overcame alot of adversity & so it was a personal victory for me.

Q: I know you said you looked forward to coming back to Ohio, but did you expect to come back so soon?
A: It doesn't feel so close to me ha ha. By the time November comes around it'll have been over 5 months since my last fight for the NAAFS. I like to be as active as possible so I guess it's a nice amount of time between fights.

Q: Even though you beat the hometown girl, you made a good impression and won some fans over. Was that something you were hoping to do?
A: I never made an effort to be anything other than me or try to win fans. I just arrived in Ohio with the goal to win my fight, fortunately everything else happened naturally & I did make some new fans.

Q: You will be fighting Kelly Warren in the Main Event of Eve of Destruction 2. What does it mean to headline such a big all female card?
A: It's awesome for me to headline an all female card, there's not many female fighters in Ireland/Europe so I've never fought on a card with more than one other female fight. It's great to see the progression of women's MMA.

Q: Are you expecting to have more crowd support this time?
A: Not so much, I still think Kelly being American will get alot more support than me but that's ok. I'm used to that.

Q: What do you know about Kelly?
A: I know Kelly has a good amateur record at 9-2 and promising Pro record for 3-0. She's recently made a change to training in Greg Jackson's camp, She's got alot of good sparring partners up there too so I'm expecting good things from her.

Q: What do you expect her to try and do in this fight?
A: I expect her to clinch with me, try and take me down and attempt to submit me.

Q: What do you have to do to beat Kelly?
A: I just do what I do there's no mystery to my style or game plan. I'm not concerned with what my opponent can do and will just impose my game and get my finish.

Q: How does this fight end?
A: I see this fight finishing on the ground. I have all the tools so I can finish this by tko or submission.

Q: With women's MMA not big over there, how important is it to make a name for yourself over here?
A: The states is the home of women's MMA so it's the only place to worthwhile to make your mark. I have no interest in being a big fish in a small pond. The best in Ireland isn't something I'm content with, I won't stop until I'm the best in the world.

Q: What are some of the disadvantage of having to come all the way over here to fight?
A: It's sometimes difficult being away from home and missing your home comforts, once I have the support of my coach away with me though I'm fine especially with all the social media outlets these days It's for my friends and fans to share there support with me.

Q: If this is the first time for someone to see Aisling Daly fight, what can they expect to see from you?
A: Anyone who's never seen me fight before can expect to see an exciting fight, I'm a finisher with great heart and will always do my best to put on a good show.

Q: Assuming you win, any idea what you want next, or just taking it one fight at a time?
A: I'm just going to take it one fight at a time and over the course of the near future I'd like to have the opportunity to avenge my one and only loss at 125lbs.

Q: Finish this sentence. In two years Aisling Daly will be__?
A: World number 1 at 125lbs.

Q: Anyone you want to thank or mention?
A: I'd like to give a big thank you to my coach John Kavanagh and all my team at Straight Blast Gym Ireland. My Strength and Conditioning coach, Eoin Lacey of ISI (www.irishstrength.com) and My Sports Psychologist David Mullins of Conquer Mental Skills (www.conquer.ie) training and a shout out to my newest sponsor www.paddypower.com. Thanks very much for the support I really appreciate it.

Q: Aisling, again, thanks for another interview. Any last words before you go?
A: Thanks very much to the NAAFS for having me back, I can't wait to defend my title and see all my Ohio fans again. I'm really looking forward to coming back :)

No comments:

Post a Comment