Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Allanna Jones Interview


Q: Can you start out talking about how you got into the sport?
A: I have always had an interest and my brothers actually were doing it I found out there was a gym where I lived and just started going. First I was gonna do it just for training, but caught an interest in fighting to.

Q: Is there something specific that got you interested in fighting?
A: Just the whole excitement about it, the rush I guess.

Q: Your last fight, you finished Faith Townsend. How satisfying was that coming off a lose in your first fight?
A: I was super happy. Especially to win in Ohio was a good feeling.

Q: Is there something you learned from the first fight you were able to use to your advantage this last fight?
A: Yeah, the first fight I really didn't know much about who I was fighting, just went in there and gave it my all. I won the second fight giving my all and came out with a good result.

Q: Your next fight is vs Jessica Richer. What do you know about her?
A: I've seen her fight. Her first fight was against a friend of mine. I know she is really good at Jiu-Jitsu. So I know she is good on the ground. That's all I know so far about her.

Q: Knowing she likes the Jiu-Jitsu, would your preference be to keep it standing?
A: Yeah that would be my preference.

Q: If she does get it down, are you confident you ca hang with her?
A: Yeah, I'm confident. If it goes to the ground I have to make a few adjustments. But I'm confident I can hold my own on the ground if it goes there. I prefer to keep it standing, that's my strong point. I'm a striker.

Q: The first fight with Maria Messer, she spent two rounds trying to submit you. Knowing she was unable to, does that give you confidence against someone like Jessica?
A: Yeah, it definitely gives me a lot of confidence. My trainer and me work a lot on defending submissions. I am just real determined and don't like to tap so I will fight as hard as I can to get out of it.

Q: Going back to that fight, granted she won, but where I was sitting a lot of people were actually talking about you. Does that give you satisfaction even though you lost?
A: Yes because it let's me know that even though I didn't win, I did a great job and fought a good fight. I was satisfied with the way I performed. I do wish I got out of the triangle a lot sooner, but I have no regrets and feel I did a good job.

Q: In the fight with Jessica, is there that one thing you feel you have to do to win?
A: Not really. It's not one specific thing. Its a lot of things that I wanna make sure I do. My main point is she is real good on the ground so I want to keep it standing as long as I can and if it goes to the ground, do what I need to do to get it back standing or get control of her. It's not really a specific thing. My game plan is to go in there and do what I have to do to come out on top.

Q: How does the fight end?
A: If I had to guess, it might end on the ground. But its hard to tell, I don't really.... I don't know. I don't have a specific thing.

Q: Assuming you win, any idea what you want next, or just focused on this fight?
A: If I win, not really a specific thing, just keep training and get ready for the next opponent.

Q: This is your third fight for NAAFS Why do you like fighting for them?
A: There are a lot of tough girls there and I like fighting tough girls. It lets me know where I am and what to work on to get farther. In Michigan there is not a whole lot of fights, so I like fighting down there.

Q: Knowing NAAFS treats women as fighters as opposed to a side show, does that make it more enjoyable to fight for them?
A: Yes it definitely does.

Q: This year they will probably do their all female Eve of Destruction card. Is that something you want to be on?
A: Yes definitely!

Q: Are there any fighters you like to watch and learn from?
A: I like to watch Cyborg.

Q: Let's say someone is going to this show and sees you for the first time. What can they expect?
A: They can expect a real good fight, see me putting 100 percent into it. Expect a lot of standing and banging. A good show. I give 100 percent and my all in every fight.

Q: Before we finish, anyone you want to thank?
A: I want to thank my trainer Glen Bailey, American Muscle MMA, the guys who help me train.

No comments:

Post a Comment